A Community Service Organization
- GOPIO-CT serves as a non-partisan, secular, civic and community service organization – promoting awareness of Indian culture, customs and contributions of PIOs through community programs, forums, events and youth activities. GOPIO is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- It seeks to strengthen partnerships and create an ongoing dialogue with local communities.
To promote the well being of People of Indian Origin (PIO) and to enhance cooperation and communication between PIOs and other communities.
- Present and promote the interest of India and PIOs, and help shape relevant policies.
- Promote better understanding of Indian history, culture and customs.
- Mobilize the growing professional and intellectual resources of Indian Americans for economic and social programs beneficial to the community.
- GOPIO Connecticut Chapter was launched in March 2006.
- It is part of the GOPIO International network which has almost 100 active chapters in 40 countries.
- GOPIO International was formed in 1989 at the first convention of PIOs held in New York.
- Recent Annual Global Conventions were held in Zurich, New York, New Delhi and Mumbai.
- GOPIO has been actively campaigning for issues of interest to the Indian community on Capitol Hill and at the European Union.
- Click here to join us on Facebook and stay up to date on upcoming events.
GOPIO-CT BOARD MEMBERS (2014-2015)
Shelly Nichani – President
Pradeep Govil - Exec. Vice President and Sponsorships
Varghese Ninan – Vice President Membership and PR
Bhavna Juneja – Secretary
Anju Simon – Jt. Secretary
Viresh Sharma – Treasurer
Shailesh Naik - Immediate Past President
Board of Trustees
Anita Bhat - Chair
Dr. Thomas Abraham - Secretary, Comptroller
Shelly Nichani - Ex-Officio